How Building Systems and Processes Can Foster Innovation
The word innovation inspires thoughts of creativity and sparks of genius, not structure, systems and processes; however experts tell us that having systems and processes in fact foster an environment that better enables leaders to innovate. We are just a few days away from the SOAR Community Network Summit and are excited to share tips with you from some of the powerful speakers, who will be at the conference, speaking about just this topic. Bliss Magazine got a chance to connect with Jeff Wu, Realtor and Associate Broker at the Agent Knows Homes, and Victor Cora Nazario, Chief Operating Officer of SOAR Community Network, LLC, ” who gave us some great tips on “How Building Systems and Processes Can Foster Innovation.”
Jeff shares some tips on the importance of planning:
- Tip 1: Use your creative juices: envision the ideal outcome
- Tip 2: Plan Ahead and Map it Out: write down every step
- Tip 3: Know that It’s Iterative: take ownership and continuously refine
Here are Victor Cora Nazario’s tips:
- Tip 1: Make sure you document your major processes before deploying software systems. Just buying software won’t solve your issues, it just makes bad processes run faster. A system with good automated processes has to exist in order to free people from mundane tasks. This freedom creates the space for innovation.
- Tip 2: Create some type of social engagement space in your systems for your internal team to have free form discussions. This will let you identify issues with internal processes but will also aid you in identifying the innovators in your organization.
Tip 3: Create a Subject Matter Expert (SME) program in your organization or embed information technology (IT) in your Operations group instead of your Finance and Admin group. This ensures that your IT group is part of the strategic conversation when it comes to delivering services to your clients. This is an excellent way to foster innovation because new technology can be introduced in the conversation when talking about ways to improve sales and service.
Attend the SOAR Community Network Summit on May 6th and learn more about how to lead out of the box! The summit will be held at the Embassy Suites, 19000 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, Virginia. Tickets are available at www.soarcommunitynetwork.com. The SOAR Community Network is led by Mali Phonpadith. Learn more about Mali here.
Bliss Magazine is a proud sponsor of the SOAR Community Summit. For advertising opportunities or to suggest a story, email firstname.lastname@example.org.