The Legacy-Driven Leader & Impact
When we think of what drives a leader, at the heart, is the need to meet a need, solve a problem or create something that no one has before. Most great leaders also desire to leave a legacy and change the world. Their business ideas are driven by passion, selflessness and something bigger than dollars and cents. Legacy-driven leaders speak of God, heart and purpose.
We are just a few days away from the SOAR Community Network Summit and are excited to share tips with you from some of the powerful legacy driven leaders, who will be at the conference, speaking about just this topic. Bliss Magazine got a chance to connect with Lee Self of the Executive Forum, and Myron J. Radio, President of the R Group, who inspire us with their ideas on “The Legacy-Driven Leader & Impact.”
Lee shares her thoughts on legacy-driven leadership and impact:
- Tip 1: Legacy-driven Leadership is about having a POSITIVE lasting impact on the world through leadership.
- Tip 2: To do this, the legacy-driven leader must be focused on the world that they have been called to impact. They need to have clarity on where they are uniquely created and positioned to have an impact vs. striving to lead beyond or beneath their calling)
- Tip 3: Self reflection and self awareness are critical prerequisites to having a legacy impact. Only a leader who fully understands him/herself relative to past, present and future experiences, relationships and capabilities will be able to grasp just where and how they can best contribute to the world.
- Tip 4: Legacy impact was best described by Frederick Buechner: “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
Myron left us with three simple tips:
Tip 1: Know your Purpose, know your mission… and stay true to it
- Tip 2: Align your actions to your purpose
- Tip 3: In business or in life, your aspirations lead to inspirations that require perspiration to bring them to life
Attend the SOAR Community Network Summit on May 6th and learn more about how to lead out of the box! The summit will be held at the Embassy Suites, 19000 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, Virginia. Tickets are available at www.soarcommunitynetwork.com. The SOAR Community Network is led by Mali Phonpadith. Learn more about Mali here.
Bliss Magazine is a proud sponsor of the SOAR Community Summit. For advertising opportunities or to suggest a story, email email@example.com.